- Review typographic anatomy.
- Review typographic classifications.
- Encourage formal exploration and typographic deconstruction.
- Become comfortable moving from on-screen to off-screen and back.
- Practice using flatbed scanners.
To review typographic anatomy, students did the following as a 1-day exercise, assigned on Monday and due on Wednesday of the same week.
Students first selected different letterforms and different typefaces to work with. After printing them out, they used x-acto knives to physically cut up the letterforms based on their anatomy and use these parts to recompose new letterforms using elements from each of the different types.