TitleScreen Typography – Intro to Processing
- Play and experimentation will be rewarded in the evaluation of this project.
- Develop a basic understanding of how the Processing programming environment works.
- Develop a basic understanding of programming fundamentals.
- Use basic coding to develop generative typographic compositions
- Save generated compositions as vector / PDFs
- Engage with readings from design theory to generate project content.
- Demonstrate an understanding of design fundamentals such as selection of quality fonts, development of visual hierarchy, use of color, use of negative space, etc.
- Select three short phrases from the design theory reading.
- Continue playing with code demonstrated in class.
- Using the short phrase selected from the reading, generate a minimum of 50 compositions using processing that you feel are well-composed.
- Repeat this three times with three different short phrases
Using three different generated typographic compositions (one from each phrase), design three 11×17 compositions adding in additional typographic content as paragraphs to further engage with your selected phrases from design theory.